On May 4th and 5th The Girls’ School of Austin held their annual self-portrait show. Many families, teachers and members of the public stopped by to see the fabulous portraits in the show which took place over two days. This year’s portraits were inspired by Kehinde Wiley, a contemporary portrait painter known for his decorative backgrounds and his 2017 official portrait of President Barack Obama. The show also included an 8th grade retrospective and additional artworks by GSA’s art teacher, Nancy Hoover. Refreshments were provided by Rollin’ Gelato and a great time was had by all.
- Facing the Music: Shiloh and Imogen Hendrickse on Pierre Henri Xuereb and their scholarship trip to France
- Differences are Superpowers: The Girls’ School of Austin + Safe in Austin and healing through animals
- Portrait of a GSA Graduate
- Charting Our Future: GSA’s Year of Strategic Planning
- Teaching Students to Navigate Our Social World