Community Scholars Fund
The Community Scholars Fund was launched in the spring of 2016. The fund will provide need-based financial aid, student and family support, and staff education.
The fund grew from a shared desire among GSA families, staff, and the board to promote diverse and inclusive learning environment. This collaboration affirms the community’s commitment for greater diversity in its student body and the associated educational benefits that all students experience when they study and collaborate with a diverse cohort.
Diversity benefits for all students include:
- Improved cognitive skills including; critical thinking, problem solving and decision making
- Reducing stereotypes and prejudice
- Higher levels of cultural competence
- More expansive thinking and views
- Preparation for adulthood in an increasingly diverse society, economy, and workforce
Please show your support for creating a more diverse GSA by donating to the Community Scholars Fund.